Disastrous Undies - Kwik Sew 3881

Dear readers,

While on a quilting break - I returned to my regularly scheduled program of making clothes, in this case some panties.  I enclose the picture for muslin purposes only.  I cut out a medium - using a jersey knit for a muslin.  Result:  Ridiculously too big.

Please ignore the awful execution - I sewed them for muslin purposes only to check sizing.  I made them using Kwik Sew 3881, the hipster version (middle of the column on the right).  Horrible on my hips -  so I'm headed back to the drawing board for alterations.  I will also check the stretch content.  Perhaps my jersey had a bit too much stretch (I believe this pattern calls for 25% stretch).   I cut the M but seemingly a S or XS may be appropriate.  On  positive note - these go together really fast.
I am studying execution styles for undies once I get these right.   Apparently, according to Singer's guide to sewing lingerie - there are three techniques you can use to sew these - "in the round construction" and "flat construction."

If I ever get these right perhaps I'll post my trials and tribulations with each methodology.

If anyone wants to recommend supplies - I'm all ears.  I'm merely using plush elastic from my local fabric store.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haute Couture Societe Annual Fundraiser/Fashion Show

Scrap shorts for me! Not popular in my house. NOT popular.

Vintage U.S. Navy Uniforms Part I