Classicly Tailored Shirt -- Butterick 5678

Dear readers,

I'm taking a craftsy class "The Perfect Tailored shirt."  However, I am only around half way through the class.  So, I am starting my shirt project anyway -- although I am modifying to use a princess seam pattern, for the first one.

Here is the fabric I'm using -- a cotton print, a little bit vintage inspired, from Mood.
 This is the pattern I selected and I modified it using my sloper (or basic bodice blocks)
Although the class calls for a pattern without princess, such as this one below: Vogue 8689.  Maybe next time. I'm tempted to get a Connie Crawford pattern now that I've seen how good they are drafted.
Here is where I stand below.   I'm missing about a half yard of fabric (I'm going to Mood Monday afternoon -- fingers crossed).  Last time I was there about three months ago -- a few hundred yards remained on the roll.
As a result of the process, I've been researching tailored shirts.  Here is a women's Navy Officer shirt - from Brooks.  Very fine materials and well-tailored.
 Here is the perfect collar; you can see some of the inside:
 Perfect sleeves and plackets.
 Wonderful job on the collar stand
 Overall, the execution is excellent -- but the fit is not good.  I loved the hidden placket (below) and I learned to do this easily at Connie Crawford's class at the ASG.
So, have you sewn any tailored shirts?  Tip and tricks??

XOXO, Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haute Couture Societe Annual Fundraiser/Fashion Show

Scrap shorts for me! Not popular in my house. NOT popular.