Finally - Review Colette Violet #1015

Dear readers,

I apologize for the delay in blogging - I've had some family medical problems, coupled with an extremely busy work schedule involving five weeks of travel this fall!  Again, no excuses -  I finished this blouse early November, and I am just now getting around to blogging it.

Here is the creation, I darkened the hue to magnify the colors. . .

 First, I used my sloper to modify the pattern - which is very well executed.  The pattern directions are a dream.  The collar method was a bit different than I've used before for peter pan collars.  I made a mistake.

Yep.  As you can see below - the shirt contains no dart at the bustline.  My sloper is based on a princess seam.  I rotated the dart and added length at the bottom; unfortunately I measured incorrectly and the front was 1" shorter or more than the back.  So I took out the dart, leading to the blousey front as you see below!

Other than this - a wonderful pattern.  I must have been tired when I cut this.  I used Japanese linen blend fabric, and I will post a review on Pattern Review.

By the way, I went out to make some Home Dec. (yuck!) projects and found that holiday fabric was extremely scarce - I must have missed the rush!

Hope all is well and I hope to sew quite a bit more over the Holidays.  I have bought some amazing fabric on my travels and online and I'll tell you all about it!  In the meantime, I've been amazed by all of your creations!

Happy Holidays!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haute Couture Societe Annual Fundraiser/Fashion Show

Scrap shorts for me! Not popular in my house. NOT popular.

Vintage U.S. Navy Uniforms Part I