McCalls Patterns (with Bikes!)

Dear readers,

I don't know if you have seen the (new?) McCall's patterns at their website - but something strange is going on.  More than half of their recent patterns are posed with bikes.  Hey, I love bikes and sewing!  My favorite bike/sewing blog is Bicitoro's blog.  I too wish to do more posing with bikes in my posts.  I guess I need to step it up myself.

Here's a sampling of their recent pattern poses:

McCalls 6694:  What in the world is this model doing?  She has five inch pointy heels on and is carrying a track bike around on her shoulder?  Or is the bike mounted to the wall?  I'm not sure.  Trendy (throw the bikes in!) but distracting pose.

McCalls 6709: I actually like this jacket very much - I can see it tailored for bike commuters (add secret pockets?) and high-vis tape at the seams?  This pose isn't bad  - but I would vote for a more sensible heel.  But, hey, who am I to judge  - if one wishes to wear high heels with their bikes - I support your talents!
McCalls 6712:  Again, I do like the top below - I'm not sure about the pose?  "I think I'll fix my bike with white pants on and five inch heels."
McCalls 6710:  Finally, these pictures are just a sampling of all the bikes and patterns on the McCalls new patterns page - and the pattern below is the only "bike" type of clothing featured (I advocate riding in non-roadie gear if that suits you though - why restrict yourself?).

My only objection to the pose below is the male model's haircut.
 What do you think?

I say we need more bike-sportswear related patterns - so maybe this is a step in the right direction - step it up McCalls!

BTW, McCalls is promoting an online sale this week 2.99 for all patterns.

P.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haute Couture Societe Annual Fundraiser/Fashion Show

Scrap shorts for me! Not popular in my house. NOT popular.

Vintage U.S. Navy Uniforms Part I