Perfection is the enemy of good . . . Ok, I'm a lazy quilter.

Dear readers,

I've finished piecing my quilt top - I hope to assemble it for quilting today.
Well, I didn't really follow the directions - which were fairly simple.  I also made this lap quilt a bit longer for sitting on the couch  - it always seems that lap quilts are too short.

One item I didn't do well (and it's not in the directions) - is that I should have "trued" my 14" quilt squares.  I didn't think to do it - I'm a quilting luddite, apparently.  This made some of my seams on the quilt top not quite matching.  Once it's quilted I don't think it will be noticeable - except by me.
I realized it on block 7 of 15.  I could have opened the quilt up - but I'm a lazy quilter.

In my mind, perfection is the enemy of good.  This affects my entire life I think.  Perfect people are really irritating.  I delay many projects and writing because I am afflicted by this need for perfection.  I'm certainly not perfect myself in my personal life.  For example, I can't find my keys at least once a day.  I'm completely unorganized and messy, generally.  Although I pride myself on logic - I am not a linear thinker.

What do you think  - is perfection the enemy of good?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haute Couture Societe Annual Fundraiser/Fashion Show

Scrap shorts for me! Not popular in my house. NOT popular.

Vintage U.S. Navy Uniforms Part I