I'm making a Quilt? Really? Really? and a cool tip.

Dear Readers,

Yes, I said it!  I'm doing it.  A quilt.  It was on my New Year's Resolutions list.  I never thought I'd make one again but somehow I've become roped in with the wonderful fabric from Moda, Big Apples and eyes toward a modern quilt pattern.
I've spent a week sorting Jelly Rolls, Charm Squares and cutting pieces.   I forgot how long this portion takes to finish.  Below is the backing:
This is the quilt pattern I've downloaded from the Fat Quarter Shop - I'm only making a longer lap quilt - mostly due to laziness, I think . . . . plus any quilt on the bed will suffer depreciation from both our Kerries.   This is a modern quilt and I am dying to making something really fun and newish.  I am starting with a pattern but want to make one of my own soon.
One cool tip - I received my ASG Los Angeles newsletter and it has a link to The Scientific Seamstress' Blog and Template Download. Look what I downloaded for free onto cardstock:  two templates for a hemming pattern.  Wonderful - I can't wait to use them - I have jeans to hem this weekend!
Have a great weekend  - on my next post hopefully I'll have the top done!

Happy St. Patty's Day (in advance) Corn Beef and Cabbage for all this weekend!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haute Couture Societe Annual Fundraiser/Fashion Show

Scrap shorts for me! Not popular in my house. NOT popular.

Vintage U.S. Navy Uniforms Part I