Sojo Shorts

Dear readers!

My sewing mojo ("sojo") continues. . . . I finally finished my Kwik Sew shorts this weekend!  I lost one of the buttons for the final finish but luckily J. found it vacuuming on Monday morning!  I present to you Kwik Sew 3854 View B:

 Here is a view of the waistband - it's a bit high but I lowered it an inch as an alternation:


Other changes:  Took out at least 5/8 inch out of both sides (and I think I can take the buttons over a half of an inch).  I always seem to make my clothes slightly too loose!  Do you?

The obligatory booty shot:

My other alterations include I carved out the crotch seam deeper in the back of the short - J. Stern suggests this in her jean tutorials - and she states that jean designers do the same - I always wondered why my RTW jeans fit so well.   By the way, her website is JSterns Designs.  Her jeans tutorials start around April 2009 and go to Fall 2010.

Although I don't show it the insides have a clean serged finish, and I lined the pockets with red/white butterfly fabric.

Here's the package view:



I don't love this material - I picked it up on my travels for 1.99 a yard at Joann's in Brandon, Florida.  I made a muslin for these shorts and consider this to be a second muslin before cutting into some expensive technical fabric for hiking - I love the shorts and plan to make another pair.  No zippers!! Gotta love it.  I am going to Newport to teach a class and plan to take these (but not to teach in:)).  More for clam chowder after class.

This is not my style Icon (preppy Andy from The Office in his red pants):


I think my style is more laid-back skateboarder meets rock chick meets mad men styling meets backcountry hiker.  Ok, whatever that is, right?  How do you define your style?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haute Couture Societe Annual Fundraiser/Fashion Show

Scrap shorts for me! Not popular in my house. NOT popular.

Vintage U.S. Navy Uniforms Part I