Mojo is back!

Finally dear readers,

I embarked upon some irresponsible serging and I am happy to report my mojo is back with New Look 6939.  I started late this afternoon and wore the top on my way to sushi -

The New Look top runs very large.  I have had it cut out for about 8 weeks.
I actually ran out of fabric cutting it out and added some white jersey for an additional flounce.  I cut a 16 (38 chest) and have linebacker shoulders.  Yet, I didn't fit it - merely started serging!  My bad - it hangs off one shoulder.  I bought the fabric - a jersey knit from Mood.

Here it is on the dressform:

I ran out of flounce fabric - so I picked some white jersey knit and I think it adds some interest:
At sushi:
Would I make this again?  Perhaps - it's super easy - it's not form fitting at all (just like the picture) - but I would cut a 10 I believe to ensure a better yoke fit.  Again, I wanted to get my mojo back.  Here is a picture of the pattern below:


It's wearable with a tank underneath - but this pattern has quite a bit of ease!

One question for readers:  do you press your knits as you go along?  I did the yoke (I can tell that made a difference) but couldn't tell the difference for any seams (and I serged this).

Next up:  Shorts - and some alterations and I'll be caught up on past due projects!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haute Couture Societe Annual Fundraiser/Fashion Show

Scrap shorts for me! Not popular in my house. NOT popular.

Vintage U.S. Navy Uniforms Part I