New Sweater, New Knitting Skills: Funky Grandpa

Dear readers,

One of the lucky things I got into was a very highly valued sweater class at Anacapa Fine Yarns.  I signed up early (without remembering the project) -- it's a new sweater pattern picked out by Anacapa's popular instructor, Anne (whose blog is Moonlight Stitches).   Luckily, Anne has excellent taste -- and picked out this sweater - Funky Grandpa.  This fits my style perfectly!  I wear cashmere grandpa sweaters almost everyday at work (goes with my lawyer-geek style).

Now the fun is to pick out the yarn -- I'm leaning toward Madeline Tosh Merino Light -- either dark grey for the main bodice color and black for the arms.  Or, a dark denim blue for the bodice and darker arms.  The denim blue would be great with jeans and movie dates with J.  The black/dark grey would be more appropriate for work.  I haven't decided on the self-striping yarn color yet for the stripes.  The pattern calls for sock weight yarn and the Merino Light has been made by other Ravelers and is fingering weight and, I think, compatible.  

Here are two other of Rililie's projects I love:
 The "green hat."
And, long striped fingerless mitts (free on Ravelry).

I also really want to make this vintage sweater pattern the Cutaway Neckline Sweater (free)  -- but it will have to wait, now. 
In other news, I am still procrastinating on my UFOs -- I haven't finished my cape yet -- I hope to this weekend.  And, I'm still working on yoga socks (3 months and counting), long leg warmers (2 months and counting) and a Dr. Who Scarf (months and months to go).  I haven't fully converted to continental yet but am committed to knitting the Dr. Who scarf with continental.  I've been you-tubing for tips.  

BTW, Kristen, K-line blogger, has some great posts Here  (great comments too) and Here on continental versus eastern european style in contrast to "real" British/English style knitting if you get a chance to browse them.  She focuses on tension, and the most efficient way to assure correct tension for a project.   The posts have some great discussion.

Anyone have some good new years knitting projects they are working on?

XOXO, 

P.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haute Couture Societe Annual Fundraiser/Fashion Show

Scrap shorts for me! Not popular in my house. NOT popular.

Vintage U.S. Navy Uniforms Part I