Jalie 2921 - Scarf Collar Top X 2

Dear readers,

The stash-bustin' continues.  Today's quickie -- a new TNT pattern for me -- the Jalie Scarf Collar Top.  It is as good as everyone says! It is Jalie 2921.  A shirt a day this weekend.
This pattern is as good as everyone says -- I love the "burrito" technique for the scarf -- fantastic.  I didn't realize the SA was 1/4".  Oops.  But I probably did the sides 1/4" anyway.  It is a perfect fit.  It is a bit low in the bust -- but I think a tank will help.  I cut a "W" size and made the largest sleeves and eased them in. 
 This only took 6 pieces to cut out.  Fully serged (with some sewing in the collar area).
Here is the copy of the pattern photo below:


 I didn't expect to love this top but I did.  I added my standard 3/8" to both shoulder seam allowances.  I have a large neck so this is the best alteration (thanks to Connie Crawford at ASG for suggesting this!).
 This pattern was so good I went ahead and made my remaining fabric of the butterfly Betsey Johnson fabric from Mood.  I had to use scraps so the shoulder seams were not what I would have normally done and I needed to cut down on the scarf collar length.
By the way, there is a Jalie 30 year celebration ongoing with a contest.  I didn't know it when I started the knits -- but I'm in!  Here is the flyer from Pattern Review:
Don't you love when you stumble across a TNT?

XOXO,

Pam


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haute Couture Societe Annual Fundraiser/Fashion Show

Scrap shorts for me! Not popular in my house. NOT popular.