Becoming a continental knitter and the perfect project

Dear readers,
I'm taking a continental class to switch my knitting to a presumably fast knitting method at my local yarn store, Anacapa Fine Yarns.  I'm right handed and thus, a thrower (English Style).   I like throwing but in knitting lore, the continental knitter is speedy.  I'm interested in your thoughts if you have an opinion.  The class is tonight so I will do a follow up post.

So, I've picked out a project that J. has been asking for all year:
The Dr. Who Scarf.  Yes, it's a twelve - twenty foot scarf by eleven inches wide.  .   . there is also a webpage dedicated to this scarf.  I'm making it in acrylic, both due to the fact that the yarn is .  The webpage, should you wish to browse, is Doctor Who Scarf.
I expect to finish sometime next year. . . . and more on the continental style.  I thought this would be a good project to break my muscle memory as a thrower.

XOXO,

Pam


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haute Couture Societe Annual Fundraiser/Fashion Show

Scrap shorts for me! Not popular in my house. NOT popular.

Vintage U.S. Navy Uniforms Part I