Susie's Fingerless Mitts

Dear readers,

Another project I completed before my dress was finally Susie's Fingerless Mitts, a free pattern from Ravelry found HERE.


Easy but delicate pattern.  I would sew these again in DK or a thinner yarn.  The pattern calls for Size 5 needles in DK.  The yarn is Lorna's Superwash Wool in Worsted.  I used Size 4 and cast on a bit two small (24 c/o)  - next time I will use 30 stitches c/o.  I tried the 42 the pattern called for and 36 but both ran too large, even with the reduced needle size - I am a loose loose knitter and this yarn was larger than the pattern called for. 

Some of the pattern was a bit tricky - the turn round after the lace stitch took me some time to figure out, as did the thumb.  I also used a crochet c/o - I probably will never use another cast off again - I loved this stretchy c/o.  Thank goodness for YouTube tutorials.  

My ravelry review is HERE.

Fun pattern.  Highly recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haute Couture Societe Annual Fundraiser/Fashion Show

Scrap shorts for me! Not popular in my house. NOT popular.

Vintage U.S. Navy Uniforms Part I