Hold your excitement. . . Dishtowels

Dear readers,

Between ruining my waistband on my pants and finally fixing it - I was sew restless!  So, what did I do - bought some Moda by United Notions (5.49 yard) dishtowel fabric from a local store and made gifts!

I also made two pillowcases (no pictures but similar to previous pillowcases). . .one tool bag for knitting (a later post), blind-hemmed suit pants (super easy with my blind hemming foot) and tailored an anthropologies dress to fit better (lots of ripping).
I had a difficult time finishing the dish towels, I tried my binder foot, my roll foot, my hemmer - nothing worked exceed good old fashioned folding and top stitching. . . so not perfect - but my first try.
I've decided to do the Colette Anise Sew-Along.  I am getting my tailoring tools today or this weekend from B. Black and Sons, Shoulder pads, sleeve heads. . . I'll set up a post so you can follow along - I expect plenty of disasters!!

This will probably be my last bit of winter sewing - and after this - I'm onto the Spring?  Has anyone ventured into Spring sewing yet?

P.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scrap shorts for me! Not popular in my house. NOT popular.

Haute Couture Societe Annual Fundraiser/Fashion Show

Vintage U.S. Navy Uniforms Part I