I hate to admit it - but homedec revived my sew-jo!

Dear readers,

It's true.  I dislike home dec very much.  Seriously.  Interior design is not my forte.  But sewing a few pillow on our new sectional from Crate and Barrel (the lounge series - we just keep buying the same couches) revived my sewing mojo.


I sewed the pillows with invisible zippers (I have no idea why - the material is dry clean only and we have dogs).  I am recovering the round cube ottomans/tables in the living room as well in these colors.


And for the rest of the project  -  in the linen color below - we plan to put up curtains to protect the couch from the sun - and give us a respite from below.  We have a fantastic view to the ocean but hopefully the curtains won't interfere.  My other concern with the curtains - our window is 112" W X 64" H - that's a lot of fabric.

This weekend I sewed a lined A-line skirt, and two Anthropologie style tank tops, not to mention straps for a strapless dress.  So, more posts to come!

Good luck for those of you in Hurricane Isaac's path - my thoughts are with you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haute Couture Societe Annual Fundraiser/Fashion Show

Scrap shorts for me! Not popular in my house. NOT popular.

Vintage U.S. Navy Uniforms Part I