Knitmania....

Dear readers,

I was in Jacksonville teaching while Tropical Storm Debby approached and passed us this week.  I was in a hotel during the deluge of precipitation when an idea struck and I braved the rains to shop at Michael for knitting and knitting related supplies!


So, I bought the book Simple Knitting: A Complete How To Workshop with 20 Projects, some Japanese wooden needles and with the help of Video Jug and Knittinghelp.com   - I learned to knit.

My creations so far are ridiculously offensive. I've learned the knit stitch, purl stitch, most combinations thereof, cast-on (two methods),  bind off.  I still have to learn increasing, decreasing, yarn off, and kitchenette.  But, good progress in a week.  I'm using wooden needles so far, feel free to add comments or suggestions.

I've been inspired by seamsters and fabric artists Kristin and Katie.

But, I've got a project on the horizon - a endless scarf or cowl.


Here's some great tutorials, I'm not sure which one to go to yet (thanks Ravelry.)

1.  Cashmere Cowl Pattern by Purl Bee

2.  Burberry Inspired Cowl by Garter Girl

I still plan to take at least a two-three week sew-cation.  But, am trying some knitting while I am traveling quite a bit; and hopefully this will help me cut down on my nail-biting habit.

P.S.  Inspiration for the day:  These jellies are too much!  Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haute Couture Societe Annual Fundraiser/Fashion Show

Scrap shorts for me! Not popular in my house. NOT popular.

Vintage U.S. Navy Uniforms Part I