A little visit to Pendleton Woolen Mills in Portland

Dear readers,

I'm not sure if I have mentioned this - but I visited (on a work trip) Portland for a week.  I took my Brompton and rode around the city after hours.  I learned the quadrants, met with a custom bike builder (I'm planning on buying a custom or semi-custom bike) and went to several bike shops.

The one fabric shop I was completely swooning over was a little more than 5 miles SSE of downtown  - Portland Woolen Mills  -  Here's a sampling of the fabrics I bought seriously on sale:



 Riding back from the Woolen Mills (a side trip down Sweetwater trail) loaded up with fabric:
It is worth it - I highly recommend it.  I didn't get to go to those other Portland sewing institutions, like Fabric Depot, Bolt or Scrap.  Next trip.

Here is what I plan to make with the fabric draped on the dress form - this vest below was offered as part of the Pendleton Winter line this year (for an outrageous amount (I think $278?) - I purchased the fabric above for $40.00:


Conclusion:  Portland -  a "Must See" location and visit for sewing and biking fanatics:)

Side notes:
At the Rose Garden with my Brompton:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haute Couture Societe Annual Fundraiser/Fashion Show

Scrap shorts for me! Not popular in my house. NOT popular.

Vintage U.S. Navy Uniforms Part I