Marfy? Yeah or Nay?

Dear readers,

I am certainly in love with some of the the new Marfy designs - although I have not sewn with them yet.

First - here are some of my favorites for Spring/Summer:

Marfy 2540:  A wonderful coat - I'd love to make this.

Marfy 2763 - Color blocking - so in this year and traditionally this style is flattering on me - I can see this in a sporty type of wicking fabric for the summer.
 Marfy 2798:  I again, love the suggested color-blocking - and I am dying to make an off-the-shoulder dress such as this.
 Marfy 2828:  I love the cowl top -  It just looks so comfy.

Now, I use a custom flat pattern (or sloper) for my body to modify the patterns.  So, the no hem allowance, no seam allowance, pre-cut isn't seemingly a big deal.  With Marfy (as I understand it) you must also figure out how it goes together (which is fine with me) - that is to say - no directions.  They are apparently Italian high fashion patterns that are for the "experienced sewer."  Well, I've always been one to jump off the deep end of things. 

My big concern is price?  Do these patterns go on sale - they are about 16 - 18.00 each (a bit steep) in my book.  Any tips?  I'm not even sure my local Joann carries them (or any store nearby). . .

I'm interested in any experience anyone can share. 

So, what do you think?  Yeah!  or Nay?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haute Couture Societe Annual Fundraiser/Fashion Show

Scrap shorts for me! Not popular in my house. NOT popular.

Vintage U.S. Navy Uniforms Part I