Vintage Serger - Did I do the right thing?

Hello Readers,

A few months ago I asked you whether I should buy a serger - the answer was a general Yes!!

So, I've been looking for used Babylock Imagine Wave Sergers (the Enlighten, now) - which is normally on "sale" for my dealer for 1699 (Imagine 1399) but I "imagine" I could talk them down:)   So, I've been scouring craigs list in the LA area with no luck.

Today I walk into my Bernina dealer who says, hey Pam (he knows me) we got an awesome machine in trade - the Bernina Bernette 334D  (made by Juki) known as a real workhorse.  Some of the sewers I know loved theirs.  After checking reviews, I ended up buying it for 300.00 (which is a fair price) from the Bernina dealer - it's barely used.  I had them thread it for me.  It has a complicated threading system.

It's quiet, heavy with a great stitch - looks like a bear to thread and perhaps some fiddling with the tension may be necessary in the future.

I do return home and am generally pricing sergers just to ensure I paid a good price - and what do I find - a Babylock Imagine Wave Serger on Craigslist for 700.00.  Ridiculouso I tell you.  So, I have some mild remorse.  In reality, I can afford to keep this one and try it and if I don't like it - eventually trade it back in to the dealer. . . I'm happy to get a serger but this was a slight impulse purchase.    Any thoughts are appreciated.

Here above is a photo on the serger with my sewing "table" - I have no sewing "room."  And below here are my materials stowed for some later sewing in the week. . . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haute Couture Societe Annual Fundraiser/Fashion Show

Scrap shorts for me! Not popular in my house. NOT popular.

Vintage U.S. Navy Uniforms Part I