Progress on Macaron

Dear readers,
Yes! I've finally 90% done with the Macaron.
All I need to do is press and hem tomorrow!  
Here I am below lining up the skirt to the bodice. . .
Here, I actually took the time to line up 
and mark the straight lines so that the
waistline is seemingly straight. . . 


I am doing a quick lining.  Which means lining to the
neck and sleeve line.  So to reinforce the neckline and sleeves
I have not only used my lightweight interfacing but also
sewing in some silk ribbon I had bought "just in case" for this
project!  It has worked out wonderfully.  I also used the silk
ribbon to line invisible zipper to reinforce it.  

Of course, every project has its mistakes it seems.  Two of mine:  I couldn't figure out the lining!  For example, my last dress I lined easily - but now I remember that it has a back zipper - this dress has a side zipper.  I must have forgot how I did the lining on my other macaron!  


And, I made my usual error of cutting a hole in the lining by mistake, so I patched it on the inside with a good luck shamrock - it didn't alter the pattern, thankfully, and it does not show!  I have more to report when this is finished . . . . almost done!











Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haute Couture Societe Annual Fundraiser/Fashion Show

Scrap shorts for me! Not popular in my house. NOT popular.

Vintage U.S. Navy Uniforms Part I